Sunday, January 10, 2010

To all you Lurkers!

Apparently, it is National Delurking Day. This means it's time for all of you to shed your cloaks of invisibility for just a moment.

There might be one or two of you out there that don't know what a lurker is. It's someone who reads the blog, but never/rarely comments. I don't know how many of you read the blog regularly, but I know how many of you comment. First place goes to Kristy S (you are my most faithful commenter). Last place goes to most of the rest of you.

But I point no fingers. I often read and run, too; I am a great lurker.

In honor of Delurking Day, let's have a contest. I will offer a prize to one of the commenters for this post (and hopefully, you will feel it is worthy of that distinction). I'll pick randomly through random.org and let you know if I need your address. I'll create a list of choices to pick from and get back to you on that (look below).

You can sign off as Anonymous if you don't have a registered name, just type your name into the post so I know who you are.

I will pick the winner from all the comments received by next Sunday.

I look forward to knowing which friends are old and which are new! Which one are you?

Here are the prize choices (exciting, I know):

1 - a set of 8 note cards, with envelopes, 4 different colors
2 - a set of 24 recipe cards and matching stationery
3 - 2 crocheted dish cloths (yet to be created)
4 - a crocheted bookmark...not pictured (yet to be created)


I'm trying to stick to things that are easy and economical to mail. :)

9 comments:

  1. A prize!? Ohhh, now you've taken it to a whole new level. I like your style!

    (I wonder if Random.org has a built-in bias against the first commenter. Humph. Maybe I should have waited a day or two.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contest huh? Here goes nothing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't need a prize!! I have you!!! and your darling family as my greatest gift and no prize will ever top that!! But if I happen to win, I wouldn't turn it down!!

    I 'lurk' several times a day!!!

    Did you get that box???
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AM YOUR #1 FAN! or am I just bored and need to pry into your life for some fun.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I comment sometimes - does that make be a half-lurker?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never comment - but at least I'm consistent.

    ReplyDelete