Sunday, January 31, 2010

5 Months!

Our baby is five months old (as of last week). Has it really been that long?/It's only been 5 months? I'm not exactly how I feel about how the time has passed. At 3 AM, it seems like an eternity since I slept through the night. In the middle of the day, while I watch her grab at toys, I'm sad that time is passing so quickly. Luckily, I have my blog and journals and can look back at things that make up the little moments.

Here is our big girl in her baby bouncer. It used to be that I'd put her in there and she'd stay right where I placed her. Now, she wiggles and squirms her way to the bottom. Huh...that must be what that seat belt on the seat is for. There really is no chance of her kicking the toys when they're dangling over her knees!


I was thinking about younger siblings today. They are such lucky ones to be born into families with so many people to love and teach them. Poor Daniel; he only had his parents (and a cat) in the home. I was trying to be so perfect, that I probably stressed the kid out. Even now, I think he would benefit from an older brother or sister (so he would know exactly what it feels like to be picked on).

But Sarah does not need to worry about knowing what it's like to be picked on. She has LOTS of love and attention. Her mother, though still not perfect, is less of a monster than Daniel's was. Lucky Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment