Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm asleep...oh, no I'm not...wait - yes, I am...

Sarah is playing a peek-a-boo game of nap time with me.

I nursed her until she was a dead weight. She whimpered as I put her into bed, but found a comfortable position and stayed asleep. She was good for about 35-40 minutes and then it was the beginning of the end.

I'm not sure if she woke Joseph, or if it was the other way around, but she wouldn't settle back to sleep on her own. And I gave her plenty of opportunity. After the pillow muffled the sound of her crying but not the sound of my guilt, I got up and tried putting her in the swing. That didn't work the magic I was hoping for. I found a pacifier.

Sarah is a little delayed in her pacifier addiction. I'm still hoping for one, but it's been slow going. I held the pacifier in her mouth as the swing went back and forth while I rested my sleepy head on her crib railing. Eventually, she kept it in by herself and seemed at peace so I snuck back to bed.

As soon as I pulled the covers up to my shoulders, I heard crying anew. I tried an earplug for the ear not against the pillow. The sound was still loud enough to make it through the pillow to the other ear. I started putting an ear plug in both ears but realized that she was crying enough to ruin my efforts. So I got up and figured I could hold her and work on a scrapbook page.

I made sure I went to the bathroom (while my arms were still free) and went looking for my slippers (because my feet were cold). By the time that was accomplished, she was asleep! Grrr! I felt too awake to go back to bed so I plopped myself down at the computer. Since I've been typing, she's been crying, silent and now crying again. I guess nap time is over. Maybe I was supposed to ask for her permission to nap first. This may be a punishment. I sure feels like one.

No comments:

Post a Comment