Saturday, January 16, 2010

Another Fallout

It's been 4 1/2 months since Sarah was born. That means it's time again for the shedding-of-the-hair. This is another one of those unpleasantries that comes with pregnancy. My hair is falling out in mass quantities.

I try to get ahead of the problem by giving my head a good brushing before I get in the shower, but I inevitably get tangled in loose hair every time I shampoo. The drain will be complaining soon.

Yesterday I felt like I was constantly finding strands of hair on my clothes. This morning, I've pulled hair from my mouth twice... and just minutes after getting out of the shower. YUCK. It's clean, but it's invasive!

I'm glad this is my last time to enjoy this rite of passage. The only hair that should fall out after this is the frustrated fistfuls I pull out myself!

2 comments:

  1. I think the worst part is finding them under clothes! I hope I am done with the hair loss but it still seams to be falling out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go through this too, which is why every picture of me holding a 4-month old shows me sporting a VERY short hair cut. I always hack it off super short right after childbirth because (1) it's so much easier to take care of and (2) it doesn't fall out in clumps when it's short.

    You'd look great with short hair!

    ReplyDelete