Monday, January 04, 2010

New Year's Eve

Despite my headache and lack of enthusiasm, we still celebrated the new year and made it all the way to midnight (although I offered several times to help them celebrate early).

Here are pictures of our activities.

We painted many sun catchers. This was a surprisingly fun activity. We still have a ton of paint left, so I may get more sun catchers for future activities.


We ate snacks. Joseph enjoyed some chocolate.
We watched a movie. I've already mentioned what I thought of this movie. It won't be one we add to our DVD library (which we hardly add to at all anyway).
We played some games. Actually, "we" did not play games. I blogged the old year out and everyone else played games. That is why there are no pictures of that part of the night.
We watched the ball drop on TV and threw streamers.


This is when I told them to shout, "Happy New Year!" They did, but this is what I got out of it. They looked thrilled, don't they? That's what they get for insisting on staying up so late!



The next day the kids went out to play in the snow. This is Joseph's first time playing for very long at all. It sure didn't take him very long to figure out how to throw snowballs! Leah just ignored him. Either the aim was off or the throw wasn't very strong. He'll get better with practice!

He did practice a little on Nathan. :)


1 comment:

  1. I should have watched that movie before watching it with my kids. Not as good as it looked. I am so glad you let your kids stay up! It is so hard when you have little ones. Logan was out by 9 and I was ready for bed too!

    ReplyDelete