Thursday, May 29, 2008

What am I getting myself into?

Daniel turns 8 on Monday. He's getting a birthday party. He is the only kid in this family that has ever had one. I think this will be his 4th. Do we love Daniel more? No. Due to either moving or shyness, the other kids really haven't had the friend pool to make a birthday party worth it.

I told Daniel he could invite 8 friends (one for each year he's turning). He picked the friends and said, "Oh, I guess I won't invite ___________." Oh yes we will. That little boy is in our ward and his mother has already mentioned that he hasn't been invited to any peer baptisms. (I don't know why...he's not a monster or anything.) He's invited to our party and the baptism. So we were up to 9. Then I realized on Tuesday that we hadn't even thought to invite our closest neighbor. The kids play with him more than anyone else. We forgot about him originally because he's not a church member and not in Daniel's school grade. Now we're up to 10. Of course, all 10 will show up and be the death of me.

Daniel chose to do a space theme this year. I've surfed the web and found some games to play as well as some decorating ideas.

Here was his invitation:

And a Thank You frame:

I'm going to take pictures of Daniel with each of his guests then insert them into the design before printing them off and sticking them to the back of some glittery foam. I'll add a little ribbon hanger and send them home with each boy.

I have plans for a spaceship cake. I'd love to show you the image I have in my mind because experience has taught me that's the best the cake will ever look. You'll have to settle with what I actually come up with. (My apologies in advance.)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun party! I just did a Care Bear party for my 5 yr old...started out with 10 guests, ended up with about 16 (and that doesn't count the kids who couldn't come). It's so hard to leave anyone out.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete