Thursday, May 29, 2008

Lunch Time

It's never a dull moment on the Collett Farm.

I was in the middle of making lunch, with two pans simmering on the stove and trying to empty the dishwasher, when Rebekah started crying for me from the back of the house. She had soap in her eye. Laundry detergent.

Dare I hope that she's developing an interest in doing the laundry? It's more likely that she wanted to bury the measuring cup in the soap tub again. (I hate having to dig that thing out.)

So I took her to the bathroom and rinsed out her eyes/rinsed off her face. As soon as I get back into the kitchen, she's behind me saying that she has soap in her eye. I should have thought to check her hands. She had a long-sleeved shirt on that was full of soap granules and was rubbing soap back into her eye. So I took her shirt off and started over.

Eventually, everyone was seated at the table so I decided to get Joseph in his highchair for another attempt at spooning some food into his mouth. The boy is 6 1/2 months old and is showing very little interest in starting table foods. How little interest, you ask? Here is your answer:


It was applesauce. He's willing to taste it, as long as I don't give him any more than that. What trick does it take to get him to open his mouth? Put the food away.

As you can see, he's not suffering from his aversion to food. The same food that's making me fat is obviously doing the same for him!

2 comments:

  1. At least he didn't scream at you. You could try one of those bottles with a larger nipple hole so the food comes out.

    I thought I would check out your blog, since you commented on mine...how did you find me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Daisy...good to see ya! I love how we can all check out each other's blog. (Arlyn is my good friend, she's pretty harmless..at least most of the time....heh heh)

    Now as for Joseph...I love it that he just clamps his lips tight and just sits there, as if it is no big deal. What a hoot. It took a long time before Nathan would eat "real" food. Good luck with that. :)

    ReplyDelete