Sunday, March 02, 2008

Cranky Sunday Morning

Do you have those at your house? I can't really single out Sunday, because we're just mostly cranky...any day of the week.

This morning:

Nathan is mad at me because I won't tie his shoes. I am willing to help, but wouldn't it be better if he put them on FIRST? I don't think his foot will slide in otherwise. But Nathan is the one to tell you something is black when it's obviously white, so convincing him that it's best to be wearing the shoe when it's tied is a bit of a challenge. I think I will steer him towards a career in Criminal Law.

At the same time, Leah wanted me to pull up her tights for her. Since when can't a 4 year-old reach down to her knees and give a good yank? Instead, she lies down on the floor and sticks her legs up in the air. THAT'S easier? Good Golly!

AND, at the same time, Rebekah was standing next to me requesting a tissue. We're in the bathroom, very near a roll of toilet paper. Why can't she get one herself? Maybe I shouldn't complain. When she gets her own tissue from the roll, she ends up with 4 feet of it.

If you think that's bad, you should see what Joseph demands of me. What a baby!

Conversation with Nathan later in the morning:

ME: Nathan, go talk to Joseph please.
NATHAN: You're closer.
M: Hey!
N: What?
M: You're closer to your room.

And I could say it ended there with a contrite young man obeying his mother, but he had one parting shot.

N: No, you are.

And then he walked out of the room and did what I asked. So, he was sassy, but I got what I wanted from him. Two winners? Two losers?

3 comments:

  1. Don't you hate it when they actually have an opinion! My day didnt go much better. I hope you have a restfull afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too funny, Arlyn!

    I guess not that you're NOT alone. My children, bless there sweet hearts, I just could ring their little necks sometimes at some of the things they say and do! I suppose Heavenly Father feels that way about me at times, too.

    If you headed to church- your short peole must be feeling better? Oh, I hope so! You had such a rough week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like cranky Sunday mornings are a part of life!!! At least church helps put them in a better mood for when we come home.

    ReplyDelete