Friday, March 14, 2008

Smelly

I hate yucky smells. Luckily, I have a very senstitive sniffer so I can discover bad smells right away...before they fester and make a bigger smelly mess (which is when Chad starts to wrinkle his nose).

This morning I was in the laundry room changing the laundry. I can smell a yucky smell in there! But I'm a little confused since there aren't any dirty clothes waiting to be washed. The washer had just finished, so it shouldn't be that. We do keep the snow gear in there, but it didn't seem like a musty-yucky smell. Nothing looks like it has spilled. But even if it did, I would expect it to be a cleaning liquid and smell clean! So now I have a mystery on my hands. And I really don't feel like deep cleaning the laundry room right now.

What I'm afraid of is that something died nearby during the winter and now that things are warming up, so is the dead thing. Ew! Gross!

Meanwhile, there are yucky smells in both bathrooms, the boys' room and the kitchen. I'm pretty sure some honest housework would take care of those issues. Unfortunately, I don't feel like deep cleaning any of those rooms either. This family sure is lucky to have me! I can ferret out the odors, but don't do anything about them!

2 comments:

  1. um, good luck with that. I thought your uncanny hyper smell was a super power you only had during pregnancy... (is there something you want to share?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate smells and my house has smelled ever since we moved in. good luck!

    ReplyDelete