Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Small Town Service

We live in the country. But the closest town to us only has about 400 ish people (as of the last census). The next closest town has about 4,000. That's a city compared to where we are. One of the ladies that delivers our mail is also the Relief Society President at church. When she has a package to deliver and no one answers her knock, she pops her head in the door with a "yoo hoo" and sets the mail inside.

Yesterday, I wasn't home when she stopped by with a package. She called me that afternoon and explained that she had forgotten to leave a slip in the mailbox. She could deliver it in the morning or we could pick it up at the Post Office. (The PO is about the size of large storage shed.) I told her it's fine to just leave it on the porch. She said she wasn't sure if that was ok because sometimes the weather can be bad.

Anyway, I knew she was coming sometime between 9 and 10 this morning. That was the same time I finally got a chance for a shower. So, OF COURSE, that's when she showed up. I was drying off and heard her calling from the front door. The package needed to be signed for. When I told her that I was in the shower, she offered to sign for me! What service!

4 comments:

  1. Wow now that is a MAIL WOMAN! Dont you love small town life. And I thought I was in a small town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Norman Rockwell experience if I ever heard of one! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great!!! I'm glad you know her or that could have been pretty awkward!

    ReplyDelete