Monday, March 10, 2008

I vote for the library

This morning I was in the bathroom with the girls. I was cleaning off the high chair that has a year's worth of garage grime on it and the girls were playing with tub toys.

(For those of you who have never seen our bathroom, it's quite LARGE and carpeted, so it's not uncommon to find the kids playing in it.)

Soon, Leah had to go to the bathroom. While she was sitting there, she said, "Sometimes I read books when I'm in the bathroom."

That didn't seem like a crazy thing. I read in there, too. Volume of books are marketed just for those who linger. (I've gotten so desperate for things to read that I've pulled toothpaste tubes and shampoo bottles out. But maybe that's sharing too much.)

Then she finished her statement, "...to Rebekah." OK Now that's a little strange. Whoever heard of story time in the bathroom? What a place to "gather 'round!" And how is it that I didn't know that was happening? If I were to picture a story time setting, it would be in a grade school classroom or a back corner of the town library.

So if you chance to stop for a visit and need to use the bathroom, be sure to check the story time schedule first!

4 comments:

  1. I love to read your blog just to get my daily LAUGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! This was a darling post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, maybe instead of the Bathroom Reader, you could write the Bathroom Readto?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so hilarious!!! At least they are spending some quality time together!!!

    ReplyDelete