Monday, November 30, 2009

Misguided Priorities

I just heard the "John Tesh" minute on the radio.

Apparently, people don't like to respond to emails right away because it gives the impression that they have nothing else to do. (In contrast, they reply to texts right away because it would be rude not to.)

Huh. I guess I can't hide it any longer. It's not that I don't have anything else to do, but rather that I just find checking my email more appealing. Which is really a puzzle, since I rarely get anything that needs responding to. So if you send me an email, expecting a response, it's not that I don't have anything else to do, it's just that I'm addicted to the computer screen. (Did that seem like a lot of commas for one sentence to anyone else?)

And now I'm back to putting my laundry away...in case you wondered if I ever do anything that I'm supposed to.

1 comment:

  1. I am sitting here with you! I tell people to email me instead of call me because I will respond quicker and there will be no screaming children included! And I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete