Friday, November 20, 2009

Finally getting published!

I ordered my blog books today. There are a combined total of 356 pages, spanning 3.25 years of blogging. It cost me $91 for the two books. That's the discount price as they have a coupon for the next 4 days.

So, regardless of my fame as a writer, I can always say I was published. It just came out of my own pocket.

It reminds me of some books I recently checked out of the library. They were based on LDS converts in England - the writer's ancestors. The writing was so bad (immature and unpolished) that I couldn't even get through the first 10 chapters of the first book. (And now I sound like a book snob.) I wondered how the writer even found a publisher for his work. Then I read the book flap and publisher info. The guy is a publisher! He publishes several magazines. He must have figured he'd break into the book world since he had the right "connections." We can't all be so fortunate.

So, I may or may not be a gifted writer (if this guy can get away with that level of writing, we should all try to write), but I am published - or will be. The difference is one copy compared to 100's or 1000's.

I am curious to know what the photos will look like. Many of them were flagged for quality in printing. Since I was focused on my blogging and not necessarily the pictures that were included, I let them all slide. They may be really grainy, but should support the text well enough. We'll see in about 3 weeks.

4 comments:

  1. I want to see them when you get them! I have been trying to put together a blurb photo book with a years worth of photo's in it and I just gave up! I have no time to edit all the picts and actually do it. Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, show off and get published before me! Congrats - I can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete