Monday, November 23, 2009

Alarm Clock

I've heard of alarm clocks that you plug in to the wall, clocks that run on batteries, clocks that wind up, clocks powered by potatoes, lemon juice and even water. What they don't sell in stores or catalogs are alarm clocks powered by mother's milk.

I have one of those. You could even set your watch by her. The first snatch of sleep a night can last up to four hours, but it's every two hours after that. Try waking her up to get her to eat more and lengthen the time between alarms. You really only waste more time that you could spend sleeping. (I suppose I'm thankful that it only takes 15 minutes to get her back to bed?)

We went to bed a bit earlier last night than normal. For most people, this means more sleep. For me, it means more feedings. I melted blissfully into the sheets at 6 AM, haunted by the knowledge that I didn't have much time left. I am tired! I think I need to find a way to adjust my alarm clock. Anyone know a good clock tinker?

No comments:

Post a Comment