Monday, November 09, 2009

FHE tonight

We just finished our Family Home Evening. Daniel had the lesson. I had been reminding him this afternoon that it was his turn for the lesson and he let me know that he already knew what he was going to do - it was going to be on service. So I left him alone (to focus on other matters that I couldn't ignore).

When it was time to for Daniel's lesson, he stood up in front of all of us and read from a paper he'd written on. This was his paper:
I hope you can read it. He did an AWESOME job and did it without help! I was so proud of him. Maybe you can see where we ripped the corner off - we wrote down and picked out names of a person to serve all week. I got Leah. :)

For the activity, we made these little turkeys.

Then we had the turkeys show off their turkeys.

And then Rebekah called Nathan "popcorn head" (the beginning of the end). Now, it's bedtime and everyone is running around the house screaming, crying and fighting. We've come down from our successful FHE victory and things have returned to "normal."

3 comments:

  1. He listened in Sharing Time! That is AWESOME! Our FHE Started with an onry mom and actually ended up with us all laughing! I thought it would end in tears and screaming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popcorn head....It is amazing how something like that can turn to disaster. BUT on the flip side it is nice to see a success of a child when they do "ON THEIR OWN" something that you've asked.

    Gotta LOVE FHE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive! Good job, Daniel!

    ReplyDelete