Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Christmas conundrum

We have a lot of family, between Chad and I. There are 9 families with cousins. I usually like to find a gift that I can duplicate 9 times and will fit all the age groups. (I think our oldest cousin is 14.)

The hard part is, with so many different families, come different likes and dislikes. So I think this family might like this, but that family will snarl and toss it aside. So then I think I could do this, but that family might wonder what I was thinking. And then I think, I could do this, but then realize that I'm not spending that much on my own kids.

So, what do I do to show all the families that we're thinking of them, without our time or effort going to waste because they either didn't like it and tossed it, or don't have a use for it, or ... you get my point.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good gifts? I know we could draw pictures and send warm greetings. I get that. I'm trying to actually think of tangible gifts that can be used/enjoyed for at least a small while. I don't have a lot of time to make things (6 kids of my own to create for with not so much time to do that), and my budget is a little smaller than other years.

Maybe there is a good family gift that everyone could enjoy? What are some things that your family has received that you liked? Games? Treats? What?

SEND ME YOUR IDEAS!

4 comments:

  1. My family once recieved a wrapped box that was empty inside. It had a special note on a nice tag tied to the bow. I dont know what it said but it was about the spirit of christmas and how mych they loved us. We kept it under the tree every ear. It was a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could just do some type of cookie mix jars with cute crafty tops. Everyone enjoys goodies. If you feel it's not enough you could do a whole jar meal: soup, biscuits, dessert. Hmmm, maybe I should do that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always do a game for each family of cousins. Some of our favorites (because they appeal to a wide range of ages):
    *Bohnanza
    *Scene it? games
    *Settlers of Catan
    *Pirateer
    *Dread Pirate
    *Apples to Apples Jr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope we are not one of those families that you worry about. Our kids are really happy with ANYTHING and nothing is fine too. To tell you the truth, we are trying to figure out the same thing. Good luck. I think I will look back on the comments here and steal an idea! :)

    ReplyDelete