Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Oh, my aching EVERYTHING!

I feel like boards have been strapped to my sides with elastic cords. I should at least look skinnier!

Joseph has been cutting eye teeth (everyone groan...he's been miserable). He apparently also has a cold because even if every eye tooth were popping out a the same time, I wouldn't expect this much goop. He was reintroduced to the nose sucker yesterday. He started coughing yesterday (sorry, Krissy) and nap time has been a victim of his discomfort.

When Joseph's nap suffers, so does mine. I had taken some Benadryl yesterday and was especially tired. When Joseph choked himself awake, I couldn't let him cry it out as he would likely need several tissues.

So for the past TWO days, I've finished my naps on Joseph's floor. (He stops crying and goes back to sleep when I'm there. I really hoping he doesn't get used to the situation.) Two blankets folded into thirds have nothing over my 3" memory foam pad over a pillow top mattress. I keep telling myself it's a luxury compared to sleeping on a sidewalk (so glad I'm not homeless). It does create some extra weird dreams.

I sleep for a while on one side, flip to the other when I can't take anymore, and then gingerly and with the speed of a giant land tortoise, stand up and drag my pillows out. He didn't sound as congested today. Maybe that means I only have one more day of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment