Saturday, August 08, 2009

Magic Ball please

When it comes to kids and health, I really wish I had a way to see into the future and know if a current problem was going to go away or become a bigger issue.

The night Leah ran into the glass wall, it looked like she was going to get a nice shiner. I wondered if she could get a concussion from hitting her cheekbone too hard and if I should have sent her to bed. In the morning, we couldn't even see a mark (though I think she could still feel it). Apparently, that was some wasted worrying.

This morning, Joseph woke up crying, threw up some water he'd drunk and became extremely tired and floppy. He wouldn't even sit up for me to dress him, but fell against me. When his arm fell across his eyes, he didn't even move it. His skin was cool and a little clammy. By the time the doctor's office was open, he'd perked up and was almost normal. So now, 3 hours after, I keep wondering what to do every time he cries or acts cranky. Is he over it? Is it coming back? Is there something to even worry about?

I really wish I could see into the future in a magic ball. I'd have to clean off all the smudges and fingerprints first. Do magic balls come with Windex?

UPDATE:
Since writing this post, I did take Joseph to the dr. (I got up from the computer and found him asleep on the floor behind me.) He couldn't find anything immediately wrong and thought he was probably coming down with something, but fighting it. We are supposed to give him fluids, rest and Tylenol/Motrin...because he's likely achy. I hate new illnesses on the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment