Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Day of School 2009!

It finally arrived! I was very glad to see the first day of school this year. It had been a long summer of "brotherly love." And the kids were excited to go back, as well.

Leah was pretty nervous the night before but seemed to forget her fear that morning. Here they are, ready for the bus. They sure look like respectable human beings! You'll notice Leah is in a jumper. She's in one today, too. I think I'd better make a few more to get us through a whole week of school. What a picky kid.

Here they are waiting for the bus at the end of the driveway. The end of the fence is as far as they're allowed to go since that road is 50 mph and no car drives less than that. The bus stops right there to pick them up. LOVE IT!


When Leah got home, she was all smiles. She let me know that it wasn't scary after all. Apparently, I was the one that was worried.


While I was making dinner last night, Leah expressed her delight that it was almost dinnertime because that meant it was almost bedtime and then she could get up and go back to school. In my opinion, Leah's teacher is a big of a crank. I watched her bark at the kindergarteners all last year. It could be that she doesn't even notice because no one compares to a cranky, pregnant mommy!

The boys came home full of smiles, too. Daniel was loaded up with candy (already), and Nathan had some school work to show off, but no one had any homework. What kind of school is this? :)

It was another exciting morning today. I wish it wasn't too much to expect the joy to last.

Incidentally, I took Rebekah and Joseph out to run some errands yesterday. There was no fighting! It was so easy to only have 2 kids! That's not going to last too much longer.

Here is a video of the bus. It's not much, but I've hardly put any video up lately.





P.S. I hate you, Blogger. You have some serious bugs when it comes to adding pictures. Do you see how my pictures are all different sizes? I had to distort them all just to move them around the page. And what you do to the spacing between paragraphs is just mean. But thanks for not making me pay for the headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment