Monday, February 25, 2008

Valentines 2008

I've promised you a summary of Chad's Valentines from a couple weeks ago, but I've been slow to deliver. Today I make good on my promise. These are the pictures I have, but there were other things I didn't get pictures for.

Each day he got a German Chocolate cupcake with the day's number on in it molded chocolate w/pecans. This is the last one, hence the number 14.









I did things like decorate his truck a couple times,









made a "red dinner" in which we had red foods and decorations,









sent him on a scavenger hunt through the library using pictures of book spines as clues,











gave him a shower of balloons...which would have been really fun if the balloons actually showered down (I ended up dumping them on his head.),











replaced outdated pictures with new ones in the frame he got last year during the two weeks of Valentines,











and had the kids make him Valentine cards. Rebekah went heavy on the glue to which she added several heart stickers. I thought it was a little redundant, but it was her project - not mine.










And for Valentine's Day, I gave him a scrapbook of pictures from his childhood along with memories from his family. I created it digitally and had it printed/bound. It looked great (except for about 4 typos) and he really liked it.



For most people, Valentine's Day is one day. For us, it's 14. But then we add an extra on because Chad proposed the day after (there was no way he was going to do it on V-day). So every year I find a way to say "Yes" all over again. This year was a cookie bouquet that we delivered to him at work. Everyone in the office got a cookie. He was satisfactorily embarrassed. :)

5 comments:

  1. WOWZERS! You guys really do go all out for V-day!!!!

    I love all the many things you did and even with the children. You're a fun inspiration. ;)

    Any way you could post your book you made for hubby? Or is it too personal? I'd love to see it if you don't mind sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me feel like a slacker. I gave steve a card the day after valentines...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arlyn, you're just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Truck and the Yes cookies. I know he is shy and If it were Mike I dont think I would be alive afterwords. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great projects! I almost wish I was as creative (and loving :)) as you. if I just wasn't so tired...

    ReplyDelete