Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Pictures



I finally got the books put away. It was not an easy task because Rebekah kept pulling them out behind me. I thought I'd take a picture. The kids will be in here tomorrow digging in to them again. It must be something about the rainbow of colors that they can't resist.

This isn't all their books. There are probably around 10 mixed with the toys downstairs and at least 50 in the boys' room.

These are pretty much just picture books, board books and coloring books. Chapter books and higher reading levels are on the shelves up around the room. We like books! We don't like moving them.
I took Joseph in for his 2 mo. check-up today. (He's 3 months in a week. We're a little slow around here lately.) He's 61% for his height and 32% for his weight. He's going to tower over the other kids! They gave him an oral vaccine for rotovirus. It smells like raw hamburger. I'm not making it up. They also gave him 3 other injections, so he's pretty cranky. I don't remember the other kids getting this cranky. They mostly just slept a ton. I'd prefer that.
Daniel got to pick a prize for reaching the reading requirement in his class (280 minutes for the month). Apparently, there were only 2 kids who didn't make it. How embarrassing. Where are their parents/guardians? What was Daniel's prize? A computer video game. Wouldn't it make more sense to reward him with a book or at the very least a bookmark? Chad made him read 15 minutes before even loading it on the computer.

2 comments:

  1. I cant believe they rewarded him with a video game! That is horrible. Good job Chad at making him read before playing it. Nice Books. Kailtyn has about 30 books and she cant keep one on the shelf. They are normally all in her bed when she wakes up. Big Kid Joseph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a firm believer that you can never have too many books!

    ReplyDelete