Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Snow boots in winter

You can't buy snow boots in winter. Have you tried? Retailers are so focused on the coming seasons that they can't provide a selection of items necessary for current seasons.

Two years ago Daniel's hand-me-down coat wore out. So in January, in a SNOW STORM, I went from one end of town to another looking for a winter coat. I couldn't find a one. They had already clearanced them all out. Of course, they have plenty of size 14 and up since that's the age that won't even wear a coat! What I could find were vast quantities of spring jackets and windbreakers. It's JANUARY. Who's thinking that far ahead except for the women who can't NOT spend money? I ended up shopping on eBay and finding him a coat for the rest of that year and the next.

Yesterday I took all 5 kids (yes, I am insane) out shopping. We had a small list, including snow boots for Daniel. I only went to Wal-Mart since I needed an oil change and I could get most things on my list there (and I did have 5 kids...I wasn't up to multiple stores). Unfortunately, I couldn't find snow boots. Yep...already gone. We're having school cancelled nearly weekly because of snow and the Wal-Mart is already stocking rain boots. It's the beginning of February, folks! Shouldn't you at least consult the groundhog before you decide winter is over? I think I will shop eBay later today. At least I can go there without putting any of my kids in a carseat!

And speaking of snow. We've got a lot. My friend has a snow drift to the top of her privacy fence. In her driveway, the snow bank is taller than she is. Our swings have stopped swinging. Chad goes out to feed the animals and is in snow up to his knees. And more is coming. I went into my old neighborhood yesterday before the snowplows got there. I felt like I was surfing as the van kept getting thrown side to side in the churned snow. There had to be 3-4 inches on the road. There are a lot of remarks about how much snow we've gotten. I think people have forgotten that this used to be normal; before people started talking about global warming.

It's a good thing that I have plenty to do inside (I'm trying to really believe that) since I won't be going outside any time soon! Which reminds me...I have a house to clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment