Thursday, April 28, 2011

Our EGGcellent Adventure

Easter was quickly approaching and our calendar was getting full, so we dug into decorating eggs on the Thursday before Easter. I purchased 5 DOZEN eggs a couple of weeks early, in hopes that they would be old enough to peel easily. It mostly worked.

So we set ourselves up with the eggs and dye and got right to work. As the years have gone by, I've gotten less traumatized by cracked eggs and colorful spills. That was helpful for this year because we now had six kids involved...of varying skill levels.


When you dye eggs, you have to be very patient. Nathan demonstrates this trait here.

It is fun to draw on the egg with crayon first to end up with a neat design after dyeing. Sarah was a quick study on this point. But she wasn't real skilled. The eggs suffered in her hands...or when they repeatedly left her hands.

Before too long, we had a nice collection of colored eggs. They were pretty!

The dye kit came with stickers. The girls put some on the eggs.


Leah put some on her face. Of course.

Sarah was nearly a decorated egg herself by the time we were finished. It did bother me a little, but mostly because she'd just had a bath that morning. (We are not every day bathers.) That onesie may be forever spotted.

My HECK! Another picture of my dirty house?!?

While we had 60 eggs to color, we did run out of them quickly. I had to snag 6 for myself before they were all gone. I used my Silhouette to cut some vinyl designs and stuck them on the eggs before slipping them into the dye cups.

I really like how they turned out!

These will be fun to search for! We're going to be eating a lot of eggs!

1 comment:

  1. Man, if my house was as clean as your dirty house, I'd be happy as a clam. :) I hope you guys had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete