Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter 2011

This is backing up a week before Easter when we made little bunnies from washcloths and put candy-filled plastic eggs into them to give to church and school teachers. I did it all a week early to keep from mixing the fun from the sacred. Who knows if that was accomplished, but the kids had a lot of fun making their bunnies for their teachers!



I actually had the dresses done with over a week to spare! I chose the material based on what wouldn't be too loud for church. :) And then that limited me. So once I came up with 3 combinations that I could live with, I decided who would get which fabric based on how much I like it. So I liked Sarah's the least. Since she's the only one who will wear it, I thought I could handle it for a couple of years. ;)

The pattern for these dresses was a long one. But I didn't take into account the "short gene" that we have in this family. Sarah's dress ended up so long that she had to hold it up like a storybook princess to walk. But she look DARNED CUTE doing it!

It's difficult to get a good picture these days. So here are all five. Sarah didn't want to even be on the couch and Daniel was having way more fun than was appropriate. They'll get it all back when they are parents! hehe





Our Easter Sunday was a nice one. Chad and I had been asked to speak (poor Chad - I took all his time!) and so we'd asked my mom if she could and would come up to sit with the kids in church. My step-dad ended up in the foyer much of the meeting because Sarah was cranky and kept reaching for the front of the chapel.

After church, we came home to a yummy, but unintentionally sugar-filled Easter dinner. We had a delicious ham with a cherry glaze, canned pears, a sweet potato pie, and Resurrection Rolls (look in the archives under April 2011). So much sugar!

My mom left after dinner (lunch, really) and we got a brief Easter nap. ;) Then we found several Easter clips and a movie and watched it with the kids and talked about it all a little.

All in all, it was a very nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment