Sunday, April 10, 2011

Good Grief

It's been a while since I've posted anything. I am having a hard time keeping up with life. Or maybe life is having a hard time slowing down enough to not lose me entirely!

One little story before I rush off for another life experience (making dinner)...

We got four Holstein bull (means we have to take care of that unpleasant task) calves yesterday. (They are only days old and will give us plenty to do.) The kids each claimed one and started giving them names. We were discussing the names at the table during lunch. Leah named hers Spots. Rebekah is calling hers Rose. (We once had a cow named Rose that died unexpectedly.) I'm still not clear on what name Nathan chose for his. The funniest moment was when Daniel said, "I'm naming my calf L. Tom Perry."

We laughed at that so hard that I had to wipe tears out of my eyes. Even Sarah laughed, though she didn't understand it. I think Daniel was joking, but the name may stick! Do you think Elder Perry would be offended?

1 comment:

  1. I think that's an awesome name! How much did the calves cost you? We've been thinking about getting a cow.

    ReplyDelete