Thursday, April 15, 2010

Toothless

I was just admiring Sarah's irresistible toothless grin. Even the ugliest baby is cute when they flash their pink gums. Am I wrong?

So then I wondered why it only works for babies. Anyone ever think their grandma was cute and irresistible when she flashed her gums at them? Somewhere along the path, it loses major charm.

I don't think it's the fat cheeks that does it. I've seen fat toothless old folks. Not even close to the same.

I have nothing against our mature friends and family members who are toothless. I just wonder why I have no urge to pinch their cheeks and tickle their toes when they flash me a smile.

1 comment:

  1. I've thought the same thing about wrinkles and chubbiness. So stinking cute on babies - not so much on the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete