Thursday, April 22, 2010

Rubber Egg

Want to see something really gross? This egg was laid without a shell. It's just the membrane...and it's squishy. It's called a rubber egg. You can probably understand why. Several things can cause it.

Chad didn't want me to blog about it because he didn't want it to end up printed in a book - forever. I think he'll get over it. :)

I don't know if this has been happening often or not. It's a miracle it didn't break in the chicken coop. The chickens will eat the eggs that break (which is why I'm unsure if we've had these before).



1 comment:

  1. That's really cool. I'm so jealous that you have a chicken coop and farm-fresh eggs every day. I'd love to get one; I just don't know if I want to add ONE MORE THING into my life. Call me lazy.

    ReplyDelete