Friday, April 23, 2010

Pet Peeve

I have several pet peeves, let's just be honest. (People taking the on ramp for the interstate at 40 MPH is one.)

One of my bigger peeves is PEOPLE WHO TYPE IN ALL CAPS FOR SEVERAL SENTENCES LONG AND EXPECT YOU TO BE ABLE TO READ IT JUST AS WELL AS REGULAR TYPING. Even worse are the people that do that and don't include punctuation marks. MIGHTASWELLMAKEITALLONELONGWORD

I know some people say they do that because it's easier. I'd just like to throw something out here...LAZY! Once you learn how to use your keyboard, your fingers find that 'shift' button all by themselves.

If you're just doing something for yourself and don't intend to inflict your CAPS typing on anyone else, it's fine. But if you're trying to sell me something on Craigslist (for example...eBay, too), don't type it all in caps in one tedious paragraph. It's very hard to read and the details get lost in all the big letters.

Of course, no one who actually does that is likely to read this. Even so, I'm sure it wouldn't change anything.

2 comments:

  1. I think I'd take all caps over no caps. I hate no caps. I hate no caps and no punctuation even more. Oh, and then there's not spelling out words and really stupid acronyms that are't actually acronyms--I hate that, too.

    Uhh... just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! That is one (of my many, many, many) pet peeves also.

    You might like this blog:
    http://www.yousuckatcraigslist.com/

    I think it's more than coincedental that many of the lousy posts on craigslist tend to be in all caps.

    ReplyDelete