Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Uggg! Is this just the beginning?



Daniel came home from school today and went straight for the cupboard with the baggies. He had two "insects" in his backpack that he wanted to put in baggies. He told me he had a butterfly and a grasshopper. I didn't think that could be good.

He emptied out his backpack and then couldn't find his treasures. It turns out the grasshopper was along the side, with a leg caught in the zipper and the butterfly, a.k.a. moth, was near death in the fold of the bottom seam.

He tugged hard enough on the grasshopper to free him from the shackles and held him in one fist while he struggled to open the "ziplock" on the baggie. YUCK. We had to dump the moth into the other baggie...most of his wings were gone by now.

As he organized and admired his new property, I thought to myself, "What's next?" Boys can be very gross and I have a feeling I'm in for an interesting ride.

Incidentally, he freed the moth (better to be eaten by a bird and end its suffering), but kept the grasshopper. It's currently in the baggie on the bathroom floor...clearly treasured.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That makes me really grateful I have all girls :)

    ReplyDelete