Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Plenty of fish in the sea...one less in the pond.

There is a kids' fishing pond on the county line. Apparently, the power company has tagged a few of them as a contest for the kids. Does this get the kids excited about fishing? Possibly, but you should see what it does to the dads! Chad and his partner were talking about it this evening and decided that they were taking their kids fishing. It's important to bring the kids because you have to be 14 or under to fish (I don't know if anyone ever patrols the pond to check).

So we got there this evening and set up shop. While I was holding the pole during Leah's turn, LEAH caught a fish. (Because LEAH is under 14 years old.) This is impressive because Chad has taken the kids fishing here before and never caught anything. The girls caught one! he he Rebekah was helping...she was trying to find the tastiest worms in the cup. At least I know the dirt wasn't too deadly since it came from our backyard.

Now there is a fish (it's a rainbow, I think) sitting in a grocery bag on the kitchen counter upstairs. I don't like fish. I hope Chad cooks it outside on the BBQ!

But I do enjoy fishing. We'll have to take the kids back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment