Monday, October 30, 2006

Happy Halloween! (Finally!)

We went trick-or-treating at "Boo at the Zoo" on Saturday. The kids were SO excited to finally put on their costumes! Here is the final result. Daniel was a mummy. I have already had to fix this costume. I didn't tack the strips down well enough.
Nathan was a bumble bee.



















Leah and Rebekah were clowns.
Everyone got some paint on their faces. They had fun and are looking forward to the trunk-or-treat at church tomorrow night. Ironically, I just threw away the last nasty candy from Halloween 2005. It sits in a little bowl in the cupboard and gets forgotten. Well, the bowl is back and filling up again.

We carved the jack-o-lantern tonight. Chad let the kids draw everything on before he carved on their lines. We should have picked a smaller pumpkin! That made me start to wonder how tiny a face a jack-o-lantern has ever had. This was the smallest for us!



This picture was taken in the dark as the kids reacted to the lit jack-o-lantern. While they did really like the effect, please know that there is some serious acting going on in this picture!



(31 October 2006)

We went to the church for chili and a trunk or treat. It was very cold! Leah only lasted a few trunks before Chad was carrying her. When we got home, I took the boys around the neighborhood to some houses while the girls stayed home to greet candy beggars.

I'm so glad it's all over! Now I don't have to think about Halloween costumes for at least another 10 months! It will take us that long to eat all the candy we got (talk about beggars!).

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered that I can enlarge your photos to full-screen with a click of the mouse.

    Sojourner

    ReplyDelete