Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Amish Diamond

I just finished this mini quilt (it's about 3' x 3') for a friend's new baby. I found the pattern on an awesome quilt site. I used remnants and scraps for the top and on-sale flannel for the back. The true value lies in the sentiment. Otherwise, it's a bargain project! :)

I wanted to give them a nice gift because I've known them since we first moved to Las Vegas. We were both trying to get pregnant at the same time. It came a little easier for us than it did for them.

They did adopt a very cute little boy and then they got the surprise of their life which resulted in a second son about a month ago. Doesn't Heavenly Father work in funny ways? And they named him Daniel. I hope that they know what that name does to little boys!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this quilt! When did you learn to quilt? I've been thinking about it and wondering where to go/how to learn. Maybe I should learn to sew first...

    Your kids are dolls! Very cute! I love the vid of your daughters singing. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned by just jumping right in. Of course, I have been sewing for awhile, so that part didn't set me back. It's like doing puzzles on the sewing machine. :)

    ReplyDelete