Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Some Random Tidbits

Leah's tummy is called "Pig and Chicken." And that's straight from the horse's mouth!

While we were shopping on Saturday, Daniel saw a kid from Kindergarten who used to call him Shorty. We talked about how the outside of us is not nearly as important as the inside and he's pretty humongous on the inside!

I am undertaking a new challenge....machine quilting a large quilt. It looks awesome in my mind. I haven't actually started the machine yet.

The kitten thinks I am a tree. I'm sure I have track marks up and down my back.

Today Daniel had to wear a hat to the bus stop (yes, it has come to that...brrr!). He didn't want to wear his hat because some kids made fun of him (it hangs down to a point in the back). I reasoned that it was better to be warm than to worry about the teasing, but that I would make him a new hat today if he wore the funny one. He agreed and then upon seeing the hat exclaimed that he liked that hat! I said I thought the kids make fun of him. He suddenly didn't care. I made a new hat this morning. Now he can choose depending on his self-esteem level each morning.

I lost 10 lbs., found 4 during the Philly trip and just recently lost them again. Net loss: 10 lbs! Some things are better lost!

Yesterday the family room floor was cleaned up enough to run the vacuum. I should have done it while the chance was there!

A new fuel pump costs $825 (parts and labor).

I have found a new series of novels that I'm really enjoying. Check out Dee Henderson's O'Malley Family Series. No bad language, Christian based without making you nauseous and a nice mixture of romance mixed with mystery! And the shocker? You don't have to look in the Juvenile section of the library to find it!

Another book I just read (for the Enrichment Book Club), is "Love Comes Softly" by Janette Oke. It's a sweet story of unexpected love in a pioneer setting. There are 8 in this series. I will be making a few trips to the library!

All four of my kids (usually hard of hearing) come running (well, Rebekah crawls really fast) when they hear the food storage room door open. "Snacks" is a major food group in this house.

We have put out the Halloween decorations. Nathan and Leah are so confused and keep wondering when we're going Trick-or-Treating. They have a hard time distinguishing between the SEASON and the DAY. I can see where the old tradition of putting up the Christmas Tree on Christmas Eve could be very valuable. I'm going 'batty' with all the questions!

When I turn on the TV in the afternoon, Nathan says (somewhat dejectedly), "It's Dr. Phil." And when Daniel reads his flash card that says "fill" he usually follows up with "Dr. Phil!" I don't think Dr. Phil would consider me a great fan. I really only watch once or twice a week, often times I don't watch at all! I think my kids are just trying to get me to surrender the TV to them!

Leah has started crawling into bed with us in the mornings. I kind of like it because she snuggles right up and keeps my back warm. The kitten likes to have someone to attack!

I had to get up 4 or 5 times while I typed this.

1 comment:

  1. Man, lots going down at your place! I, too "found" several pounds on my recent trip to California and I'm back to losing them...forever!!

    ReplyDelete