Monday, October 09, 2006

September and October Quilt Blocks

Here are the quilt blocks for the past two months. I've had the flowers done for awhile, but didn't get around to taking pictures of them until today. The October blocks are very recent. I did one of them just today!

September (Beginner and Advanced are both called Grandma's Flower Garden)

B:


These flowers were all sewn together by hand and then sewn onto the background. Some people make a whole quilt out of these flowers without the background. That is a lot of little pieces. I think there is a way to do them on the machine, but I didn't take the initiative to figure it out.

A:












October

B: Martha Washington Star



I purposely cut the stripes to be sewn all in the same direction. It still looks a little busy, but I have to believe that it would have been worse!



A: Coronation












This little block right here is called Card Trick. It's not for the quilt group. It's a personal project, just like this recent quilt (that I've already posted). I seem to need to have some kind of project in production. It sure feels good to see a finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment