Sunday, October 22, 2006

Great Local Restaurant

We treated the kids to a "down home" restaurant tonight. The food was good, not too expensive and the kids loved the coloring activities on the menu. There was some background music, too. I didn't appreciate it after a while though, because the kids got up on their chairs to dance to it. I think it was the "creak, creak, creak, creak" of the ox cart that finally got them moving. The other pioneer songs were good. The children in one song sure did a lot of walking! There were some yummy desserts, which we weren't too full for since they didn't pile on the food. (I hate when you pay for 5 meals when 2 would feed the entire family.) There is a bathhouse nearby which we headed for after dessert was served. I'm not sure about the hum of a washer and dryer in the background. Someone needs to be more sensitive to the atmosphere of the dinner! Unfortunately, we did have to wash dishes afterwards. Just for that, the cooks didn't get a tip!

Huh?

Oh yeah...we ate at home. But I made up a menu for the kids since they had been asking to eat at a restaurant. There were two choices each for things from Appetizers to Desserts and there were coloring activites and a maze for their enjoyment while Chad and I made their orders in the kitchen. One amazing result: they each chose broccoli for their side and we got through the entire dinner without a complaint about any of the food!

And after dinner, it was time for Saturday night baths. We're still reeling from the flooding of that!

It's the Primary Program tomorrow. I'll be glad when that is all over. I have enjoyed not having to prepare or present a lesson. (Call me Lazy. I can take it.)

1 comment:

  1. Lazy.

    You told me to call you lazy. Although I'm amazed at your creativity as a mom and aspire to be as 'fun' as you. Good job on dinner!

    ReplyDelete