Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Nathan's ? Homework

Daniel has reading homework every day. He's not thrilled about it, but he's not too bad when he tries. Today, Daniel was dragging his feet about it all so I gave Nathan a try on it. Here is what the page looks like:

pit pat pot spot

mom dad not nod

hops pops stop top

Here is a spot to spin your top.

Mom said, "This pot is not too hot."

Where is the man with the mop?

Dad can spin a top.

Pam and Sam pat Spot.

Nathan read the bold. I think he could have read the last sentence if I asked him to. He will be 5 in February. Now I really want some honest opinions here. Am I biased or is this normal? Remember, he didn't even start talking until after his 3rd birthday.

He and Leah wear me out with their desire to do worksheets. I like this drive to learn, but I could use a break! Should we start applying to medical schools now? When does the government start taking requests for financial aid? Anyone want to make a doctor's appointment for the year 2030?

1 comment:

  1. I'd be enjoying their drive. Especially because I'd rather have that than badgering them to do their work!

    ReplyDelete