Saturday, December 18, 2010

Excuse me?

Chad and I went stocking stuffer shopping tonight. (ooh...alliteration!) We bought the traditional toothbrushes, toothpaste, band-aids, etc. As the guy checking us out noticed the 5 boxes of toothpaste, he asked, "Shopping for stockings?" When we told him yes, he asked if it was for our grandchildren.

Excuse me?

I know I'm tired, I skipped the whole make-up farce today, and life with Daniel's jaw has got me down a bit lately, but do I really look old enough to be buying toothpaste for my grandchildren? Look here, it's fluoride toothpaste, that would make the youngest grandkid at least 3 years old and the oldest at least 9 (though he's 10).

I guess I wasn't aging well tonight. But this guy might not know what a grandparent is supposed to look like. He said his kids ranged in age from 22 to only a few months. He's already a grandparent and hardly had any grey hair. He really didn't look old enough for that honor to me!

BTW: I uploaded a lot of pictures to come back and blog about later. They will appear below this post since I uploaded earlier this morning. If you don't have a blog reader, you may want to scroll until it looks like I've got 4-5 more posts up. Just in case you wanted to read about Joseph's b-day, Thanksgiving, seeing Santa, and a few random things. :)

1 comment:

  1. It's o.k. Arlynn. When I was pregnant with the twins it was Christmas time and my younger sister had just gotten married. We were in a store together and she ran into her new mother in law, who had a daughter with her Janae had never met. So, the daughter asks Janae once they had been introduced if I was her MOM. A daughter twenty something with a mom pregnant with twins. NICE ! My Mom thought it should have been a compliment but I had a HARD time with that.

    ReplyDelete