Friday, December 31, 2010

Baby, It's TOO cold outside!

It's 1:30 in the afternoon and the temp outside is not quite 8 degrees. Brr!

Last night, we got back from 3 nights in Utah. Chad found that the circuit the light for the chickens was on had tripped. The eggs were frozen. :) We turned the heaters back up and the wimpy one in our room never turned off the whole night. I had an extra blanket on, but Sarah kept waking up, so I had to keep getting out of bed!

I still don't really know why she couldn't sleep, but I turned the heater up in her room in case her cold toes had anything to do with it. Eventually, I took her to the recliner with a blanket and held her. Even under the blanket, my shoulders and arms were cold. I was grateful for a house to keep my babies in on a night like last night!

I have been wanting to get the van washed to get the Utah salt off of my Idaho van. It was too cold for a car wash. The guy said that my doors would freeze shut and I wouldn't be able to get out again. Don't you think that should be left up to me to worry about? I hope a wheel doesn't fall off before I can get the salt washed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment