Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Goodies

I finally got around to making the goodies this year. It took all day. No kidding. And then I still felt like it was a small offering. So I added a coupon for eggs to the bags.

Still, I prepared 24 bags of chocolate/peanut and caramel popcorn mix. I made a list of priority (closest friends, visiting and home teachers, etc.). As I drove around delivering everything, I kept thinking of more people I wished I could bring something to this year. Realistically, I can't reach everyone, but I wanted to show so many people how special they are to our family.

And that made me feel good. I'm glad we live close to so many great people. They are our substitute family and we have relied on many of them more than once. I felt so blessed while I was out giving away popcorn!

And that is the Christmas spirit I needed to remind me that the important thing I was doing was sharing love, not delivering the obligatory Christmas goodies. It really IS better to give than to receive (though a knock on the door does make our hearts skip a beat and our eyes light up)!

Maybe tomorrow I can sew up those Christmas pj's.

No comments:

Post a Comment