Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Weighty matters

So I procrastinated posting yesterday's weight because it depressed me. I haven't done very well the whole month of February and March is not off to a great start. Additionally, I have a baby who is recently eating baby cereal before bed and sleeping through the night (which is really good), so I'm very "full" in the morning and she can't eat enough to make me empty for the weigh-in.

True, I could pump, but I rarely do that and to start puts me into the same category as new mothers...SORE! So my weight yesterday was estimated.

This morning's number was a bit lower, though also estimated. Twice lately, I've actually dropped below 174, but not on Mondays. I could change my day that it counts, but I think Monday's looming shadow keeps me more responsible on the weekend. (Though you'd never know it!)

So now I have decided to make a public goal to get below 170 by the end of this month. I should be able to drop 4-5 pounds in 3 weeks, right? It's not like I'm starting at 130. (That would actually be the end.) I have lots to lose, and in this case, that's good!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! Just commit yourself to a high protein (lots of eggs & lean meat) and low carbs. My favorite snacks when I'm trying to lose weight are beef jerkey, edamame, raw almonds, and leftover pieces of meat from dinner. Also add in some veggies (but avoid too much fruit!).

    Keep in mind that this is just to get the pounds off, so you won't have to eat like this forever. I promise it works! My neighbor used to be "Mr. Sweden" - a major body builder, now a personal trainer/nutritionist. He taught me how to eat properly for fitness & weight loss and it seriously works!

    ReplyDelete