Monday, March 22, 2010

Coloring Contest

Rebekah was in charge of the FHE activity tonight. She decided to do a coloring contest (which we've never done, so it was an interesting choice). We asked her what the rules for the contest were. She said we had to draw a princess AND a prince.

You should have seen Chad's face. It was a special expression. He suggested maybe we could draw a fish. But Rebekah was already set on royalty. I asked him what did he expect from a 4-year-old girl?

Nathan did not participate. He's on his 6th day of a fever. He started on antibiotics today; it appears he has Strep. That's really just an assumption, since the PA didn't do a test. But his throat was flaming red and swollen. Lucky for Nathan, he didn't have any pain.

Daniel didn't participate either. He'd been looking for his crayons in his room and couldn't find them so he was mad.

It's too bad, really. I would have liked to see their drawings.

Anyway, I was really impressed with Rebekah's drawing. And then I started comparing it to Leah's. (I know, I know. Don't compare your children. I can't help it this time...it's the teacher in me.) Rebekah's and Leah's pictures are almost identical in developmental stages. Leah's picture has more fingers and there seem to be teeny, tiny shoes on the girl.

But there is a two-year age gap between these sisters. And that's why I'm surprised at the similarities. And another reason why I'm really glad Rebekah made the deadline for kindergarten (by one day). I don't think she'd be happy at home one more year.



The purple smiley faces are from the judging. All entries received a smiley face. That is mostly because it became quickly apparent that Leah needed such recognition for her effort.

4 comments:

  1. So, where's Chad's picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Chad disposed of that masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will log in to my Google account to see if these pictures will open. LA, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't work. The pictures still will not open. LA, Dad

    ReplyDelete