Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thank You!

I have recently been organizing all my 2009 blog posts to prepare them for printing. I am happy enough with the first two books that I'm looking forward to getting a 3rd one done.

My only complaint about the books is the binding. The pages are not attached to the spine of the cover. Actually, the only thing holding them on there is the paper glued to each cover. I'm thinking of dropping some hot glue down the spines to give them some strength before any of the paper rips from the covers.

As I go over my past posts and try to get them into a layout I like, I can't help but read some of them and reminisce. And here is where I must say a big thank you to all of you out there that make positive, helpful comments on the posts. Because I have such a great (and small - though growing) bunch of readers, I am encouraged and sometimes inspired to write with detail and humor that rarely makes it into my personal journal each night. If I had a private blog or didn't have any feedback for my writing, I would probably write a lot less, have less detail and possibly quit altogether.

As it is, I have a treasury of family stories that now spans over 4 years. Sometimes the funny things I post are posted within minutes of their occurrence and then I just go back to what I was doing.

So thank you for helping me keep up this blog and giving me a reason to return often. And thank you for putting up with the self-centered stories. After all, it's a blog about my family...and some of you don't even know some (or any) of us.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you blog. I love to keep in touch with you this way. I sometimes think I should quit blogging because I dont get comments on my blog. I dont know if anyone reads it. But I need it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arlyn, I'm glad you blog - it keeps me entertained. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete