Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dirty

I used to think that my house was clean, but just really cluttered and unorganized.

I now change my claim. My house is dirty.

I am prepping the dining room for a paint job (green of all things...on St. Patrick's Day!) and have only removed the curtains and washed the windows and sills. Already, I've made the decision that my house is dirty.

The curtains are in the washer. I may find out that they aren't the color I thought they were. I cleaned a lot of fly poop off the window sills and cobwebs off the tops of the window trims. I was wiping down the china cupboard. It's going to need more than wiping down. This is only one corner of my house.

I've never been a spring cleaner. (Or a fall, summer or winter cleaner, either!) I didn't grow up in a house that used that method. I may be reprogramming myself here. Of course, the kids have no idea what is in store for them! I may not get much productivity out of them while they're still small, but the training might as well begin!

It can only end up being a good thing, right? I'll find stuff I forgot I had, be able to organize as I go and end up with a healthier home. After all, Daniel does have a confirmed dust allergy. It really is no wonder. It's a miracle we don't all have one!

1 comment:

  1. I need to start that method. I clean my house regularly but I never deap clean it. I just looked at my windows and blinds! AHH! I really should learn how to clean those.

    ReplyDelete