Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Innocence

Daniel is nearing the end of 4th grade. Next year he starts middle school. That will be a whole new world for us. I'm not exactly looking forward to it, though I do look forward to watching him grow and hope to see he can make positive adjustments to the trials life will present to him.

For now, I am enjoying the innocence we still in our home.

When Rebekah says she wants to cut the cheese, no one snickers or makes negative comments. Chad and I simply enjoy a smirk and hand her the cheese cutter.

Now we just need to work on Daniel's reaction to when she really does "cut the cheese." It's usually during a meal or when company is over...sometimes at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how I long for the innocent days when my boys didn't know all the nasty, tacky "boy" jokes. Once they turned 8 and started Cub Scouts, it was all downhill.

    And, BTW, I do LOVE my kitchen. It's one of the reasons we bought this house. I have SO MUCH drawer & cupboard space. I have one drawer for "things which scoop" and another for "things which stir." Love it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the first time I have heard of that expression. Where did you get it? LA, Dad

    ReplyDelete