Friday, March 05, 2010

Criminal Masterminds

I found an interesting paper this morning. It was sitting out in the open and was a paper of doodles and a column of what looked like my hand-scribbled initials.

Of course, it caught my eye. These are the same initials I use to sign off Nathan's homework or Daniel's reading minutes for the school reading contest this month. Hmmm...I wonder who is practicing to be me?

I think the paper started out as an innocent doodle page and that the stars caused the doodler to think of the 'A' in my initials.

The most interesting thing to me is that with a little more practice, this could be a passable forgery!


I don't think the artist here had full malicious intent. And I think that if he did attempt to use this developing skill, it wouldn't be with a full understanding of the seriousness involved. Is there a way to be innocently dishonest?

I may have to have a little chat with my boys (because I don't know who should be given credit for this fine example of forgery) and see what their intent might have been. If they are trying to be sneaky, they have a ways to go. After all, they didn't even try to hide it. Unless they were smarter than I give them credit for and were hiding it out in the open. In that case, I ruined their plan by cleaning up a little and getting rid of most of the camouflage.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel kept forging my initials in her reading folder. She was sent to the Principal for the 'scared straight' approach. It worked wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!

    Practice makes perfect! :) Isn't that what you taught them? Your son is only following your advice, I'm sure.

    BTW- You always make me smile or laugh when I read your posts. :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete