Monday, April 13, 2009

Please stand and give a little wave.

I am a numbers girl. I like to see when the odometer on the car turns to a cool number (i.e. 14,141 - or - 20,000; I'll never forget the day my little Honda Accord hit 200,000...I can almost tell you which telephone pole on Canal Rd I was passing). I like to catch the clock when it says 5:55 or 12:34.

Some or most of you may know that I have a little meter on my blog. I like to see who and when visits. This is how I know that I have 3 faithful readers. :) I know there are a few more than that. It's just a general idea though because the locations I get are generally cities that have more than one family member or friend living in them. So sometimes I just guess who's been on recently. And then there are the random ones from foreign countries that only show up once. They have usually found my blog through an online search for something. (*kunk *ait is STILL a very active search.)

Sometimes there is a reference as to where the reader was linked from. And some of those have such weird locations that I think there must be something funky about the ISP's connections.

But there is one of you that has been fairly regular and I don't know who you are. I'm not worried about a stranger reading my blog. I like to meet new people occasionally. The person I'm talking about is bouncing in from Sweden. I would love to know who you are! I'm wondering if you really are in Sweden or if it's all just being routed that way. (For a long time, my ISP said I was in VA, but at least that's still in the country.)

I do have an interest in Sweden. I have a lot of genealogy work that brings me back to my Swedish roots. My maiden name is a Swedish name. So if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to know more about this Swedish ISP! Leave a comment or email me at collett73 (at) gmail (dot) com.

And don't let this keep the rest of you from stalking me. I already know you are visiting and not leaving comments. :)

7 comments:

  1. I'm not from Sweden, but I am a lurker. I read your blog on Google Reader, so I probably don't register on your Sitemeter. But I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know there are people out there that read because they want to and not because they are related and trying to keep up with the family (although those are great readers, too)!

    Thanks for letting me know you are there. I wonder if there are any others?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am like you. I just want to know who those people are. They are from far away and I have no clue who they are or why they are reading about my family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read because I like to know that there are other mothers out there going through similar chaos. And because I like you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read because i like you and think you are an amazing writer and person. Luckily, I am also related to you! And yes, I do much more lurking than commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iam from sweden.. but im not the one you are locking for. Because i just started reading your blog today, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's me! It's me!!! Arlyn, sorry, I didn't mean to be a stalker. I just like to pop in and see how my former roommate is doing. (I think it's awesome you have a farm, by the way.) Ryan's job has us in Stockholm for a few years, so my IP address is definitely overseas. I'll send you a nice, newsy email so you don't feel this is all one-way. But for now, thanks for helping me keep up with the Colletts!

    ReplyDelete