Friday, April 24, 2009

I hope she likes blue!

I finished crocheting the baby's blessing afghan last week. I noticed my fingers going numb near the end of the project, so I was anxious to get the colored afghan finished before my pregnancy progressed too far. (I make an afghan to use at church while the babies are tiny. Then I pack it away to give to them when they are grown.)

So I was in a bit of dilemma. The baby MAY be a boy, but the doctor wasn't sure enough to get himself into trouble by saying anything definite. I watched the ultrasound video. I sure can see why he would think it could be a boy.

Well, I don't have a lot of patience and finally decided to get a nice, soft blue yarn and get started on that Sunday afghan. I want to get the blanket done before I have too much more numbness in my fingers. (I crocheted TONS of afghans - baby and regular sizes - when I was pregnant with Daniel. The numbness was so bad that I didn't get complete feeling back into my finger tips until months after Daniel was born.) I figured that a very pale blue would still work for a little girl. I mean, really. I LOVE blue. It's not just a boy color!

Then I was at Wal-Mart last night. I have been trying to find a blue flannel that didn't have little pictures all over it - just a calm, simple pattern. I found a gingham type print of dark blue and then chose a navy blue blanket trim. So if this baby ends up really being a girl, I hope she likes blue. If not, it will be a funny story about how she was once 80% boy.

Then again, I bought some pink flannel several months ago that I haven't washed yet. So if I can just hold on until the next ultrasound, and hope for a definite answer, I'll be prepared for either outcome.

I'll post pictures of both afghans when I finish the blue one.

No comments:

Post a Comment