Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Honestly, enough honesty!

I just passed the girls' room where there is a lot of giggling going on and not much sleeping. As I passed, I said, "There sure is a lot of noise coming from in there."

Rebekah's response was, "That's because I'm tickling Leah." No shame, no recognition of the warning in my voice, no thoughts that she might be doing the wrong thing. Just matter-of-fact honesty.

I should have expected it though, after yesterday's comments:

"Mommy, you have a big bum. (pause) Mommy, Daddy's bum is littler than yours."

Thank you to the 3-year-old for stating the cold, hard facts; and with a very serious expression on her face. At least I know I can trust that she didn't have ulterior motives when she told me I smelled good this morning. She was just stating the facts. :)

Update on the kittens. Make that kitten. The 4th one died yesterday and the momma cat disposed of it. I'm really wondering what she's done with these 2 little kitten bodies. I sure don't want to come across them unexpectedly while I'm working in the yard! But the one that is left, though lonely, is looking pretty strong. She's leaving it alone a lot, but she is jumping in there and feeding and bathing it. Maybe she's a one-baby momma. At least this one can cry out and tell her to get up when she's sitting on it!

1 comment: