Monday, June 02, 2008

We're in a sorry state

No, I don't mean Idaho...so you Utahns quit thinking it!

I have slept in an upright position for the past 2 nights. Well, "slept" is subjective since I can actually recall most of the hours each night. I dozed a couple of times. It was more fun last night since Joseph has fallen ill right along with the rest of us. He slept upright next to me at one point. Between my coughing and his, we didn't sleep much at all.

He started the night (midnight) with a temp of 104. That was after he threw up all over himself and me. He had already thrown up earlier in the evening, so this time it was mostly stomach bile. Such a pretty yellow color it is...almost like dandelions! I gave him some Tylenol and put him in the swing. (Thank you to Chad for bringing it into the bedroom.) He slept for bit amid coughing fits. I was having my own fits so I went to the living room to curl up in a chair by an open window, hoping the cooler air would calm the coughing. I had to keep getting up and walking back to the bedroom when Joseph would cry. Eventually, I gave in and climbed into bed with him. Around 5 am or so, his fever was down to 101.

He hasn't really eaten much since yesterday afternoon. I had to pump this morning. Chad forced some applesauce into him. I've got a call into the doctor to ask about medicine, but I don't have much hope since he's only 6 months old. I'll appreciate the day when all the kids are old enough to care for themselves when they're sick!

I'm glad I postponed the birthday party. It would have been a disaster to try to celebrate with a bunch of little boys! I wasn't able to contact one of them (he didn't RSVP and we mailed it to a PO box) so I'm watching the clock right now...hoping, hoping, hoping that he doesn't show up. (Another little boy JUST showed up. I guess they don't check their messages!)

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about not sleeping and sick kids too. It is hard to deal with. I hope that boy was not to disapointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man!! That is awful! I was really hoping that you would dodge the bullet of Joseph getting sick. it is never fun to have a sick baby, especially when you are sick yourself. I'll go get a strawberry shake in your honor. That should make you feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete