Saturday, June 07, 2008

Medicating Joseph

You've heard me describe how hard it is to feed the boy. It's surely no easier to give him medicine, except for that it's in a little pointy tube that I can slide into the corners of his chubby cheeks.

Joseph has been on antibiotics since Monday night (thanks to a very angry ear drum). He's also getting cough medicine. The cough medicine dosage is tiny and I can sneak up on him with that one. The antibiotic is 1/2 teaspoon twice a day. There is no sneaking with that! Tonight as I gave it to him, he of course had his lips sealed. He wasn't upset though. He even smiled at me as I tried to coax what seemed like a cup of medicine into his mouth. He smiled with his lips together. What a Stinker!!!!

And to add to our grief, there are some teeth so close to breaking through! His first teeth! (He has had a miserable week.) As a nursing mother, teeth do not seem like good news. But they are also hard on me because a baby's look changes so much when he gets his teeth. No more cute gummy smiles!

Here are some scrapbook pages I've done lately. They were for challenges at http://www.sunshinestudioscraps.com/.


Credits:

Paper - Sack'o'Burlap pack by Rachel's Scraps

Flowers and Stitches - Tracy Drane

Fonts - Minion and Scriptina



Credits:

Kit - SO SUNny Collab

Fonts - Goudy, Goudy Stout and Girls Are Weird

2 comments:

  1. your scrapbook pages are adorable! I need to go and buy a book for my elements program. The "brochure" that came with it is not helpful, and I am not smart enough and patient enough to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the cuteset pages I have seen in a long time! I really need to use word art! It is always hard to get medicine into babies!

    ReplyDelete